The #In2Transit promotion is raising awareness of the Comox Valley Transit System by celebrating those who get there by bus and encouraging everyone else to do the same. In2Transit is a campaign of the Comox Valley Transit service which is a function of the Comox Valley Regional District.
The Comox Valley Transit System is a valuable community resource. It is an effective method of transportation and has tremendous potential to contribute to a more economically vibrant, livable, and sustainable community. The need to realize this potential in the Comox Valley is increasingly important due to factors such as climate change, population growth, an aging demographic and availability of affordable transportation choices for individuals who do not have access to a private automobile or who do not wish to own, drive and maintain a private automobile.
Taking the bus can be a part of your transportation strategy as it can be combined with other modes of transportation and be used in any weather. It can also reduce stress and give you time to catch up on things such as emails, phone calls and texting. It may be a fun way to travel with young ones who find the bus interesting and don’t appreciate car seats. Besides, the Comox Valley has the best bus drivers – ask any current rider!
So find a way to incorporate the bus into your life. From now until November get there by bus, make a record of your trip via a selfie or paper ticket and you could win prizes.
Runs from June 1st to November 30th
This promotion is being run in the Comox Valley on BC Transit buses only. There are two ways to participate in this promotion.
- Take a selfie of you taking the bus somewhere in the Comox Valley with your device (evidence you are on the bus must be in the picture)
- Post it to Instagram and/or Facebook and/or Twitter with #In2Transit (hashtag + In2Transit)*
- Or e-mail your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Images posted to Pinterest or LinkedIn, and videos posted to YouTube or Vimeo will also serve as valid entries.
- Receive a paper ticket at special events, such as Stuff the Bus events, Canada Day & Nautical Days
- Write your name, email and destination on the back of the ticket in the spaces provided
- Deposit your ticket on the bus
Remember! You can submit a ticket to your bus driver each time you ride the bus and every ticket enters you in the Monthly Draw and the Grand Prize Draw (find a complete list of prizes here). Tickets are now available from drivers on all Comox Valley Transit Buses.
You don’t even need a ticket to be entered to win – you can take a selfie on your smartphone and post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with #In2Transit; and if you don’t do social media you can email a photo of you on a Comox Valley bus to email@example.com.
- Caffe Amantes – Monthly Prize Sponsor $10 Gift Certificates
- Comox Museum
- Martines Bistro – Grand Prize Sponsor $50 Gift Certificate
- Vancouver Island Regional Library
- Broken Spoke Bike Shop – Monthly Prize Sponsor $50 Gift Certificates
- Comox Valley Regional District Offices
- Courtenay and District Museum
- Gladstones Brewing Co. – Monthly Prize Sponsor $10 Gift Certificates
- The Job Shop
- Locals Restaurant – Grand Prize Sponsor $50 Gift Certificate
- Manvirros Indian Grill – Grand Prize Sponsor $50 Gift Certificate
- Mudsharks Coffeebar – Monthly Prize Sponsor $10 Gift Certificates
- North Island College
- Tim Hortons — Monthly Prize Sponsor $10 Gift Certificates
- Vancouver Island Regional Library
Comox Valley Regional District
- The Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa – Grand Prize Sponsor $50 Gift Certificate
3 winners are randomly chosen from the selfies and ticket entries made that month from June to November. Each monthly prize is worth approximately $50. Chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries received each month. (Note: Prizes can be substituted for monthly bus passes.)
June – 3 x $50 Broken Spoke Gift Certificates (Winners announced July.)
July – 3 x $50 Guerilla Food Company Gift Certificates (Winners announced August.)
August – 3 x $50 Gladstone Brewing Co. Gift Certificates (Winners announced September.)
September – 3 x Hornby Island Soap Company Gift Packages (Winners announced October.)
November – C2C Prize Package 2; includes passes to the NIC Aquatic Centre and Gift Certificates to Courtenay Swim Shop (Winners announced December, along with our Grand Prize winners.)
Winners to be announced by December 7th. Chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries received between June 1st and November 30th.
1. $500 Cash
2. My Tech Guys Prize Package includes 16GB iPad Mini. Approximate value $400.
3. Dine by Bus Gift Certificates – Gift certificates to 5 local fine dining restaurants along Comox Valley bus routes including Manvirros Indian Grill, the Blackfin Pub, Ichiban Sushi, the White Whale Restaurant, and Locals Restaurant. Value $250.
*Terms and Conditions
By participating in this promotion and uploading a photo, each entrant, grants to the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) in perpetuity, an irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to publish, use, adapt, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their submitted photo (and/or social media profile information), in whole or in part, for advertising the promotion or for any other reason. By participating in this promotion and uploading a photo, each entrant also agrees to release and hold harmless the CVRD and their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, the CVRD reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her photo, if a complaint is received with respect to the photo, or for any other reason.
By submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges that he or she has read and understands and agrees that he or she shall be bound by these contest Rules. The entrant acknowledges that his/her photo may be posted or linked to or used in any media by CVRD in its sole discretion.
Entries are welcome from employees of the CVRD and their families, however these entries will be excluded from any prize draws.